The Focus on Prevention Initiative is supported by multiple community partners, the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors, Stanislaus County Chief Executive Office, and led by a Stewardship Council comprised of community leaders from various sectors who act as stewards of the overarching initiative. In partnership with the Action Councils, the Stewardship Council members provide:
- Leadership in developing and approving county-wide indicators to document meaningful progress and change for the overall initiative.
- Cultivate commitments to embrace and support the initiative from institutions across the multiple sectors.
- Work strategically to identify and help secure funding from private, philanthropic, and other non-government sources.
Planning Information & Resources
- Stewardship Council Roster
- 2016 Meeting Handouts
- 2015 Meeting Handouts
- Focus on Prevention Updates
- Focus on Prevention Meeting and Event Info
Both the Homelessness and Strengthening Families focus areas has an Action Council comprised of issue experts, service providers and community stakeholders. The Action Council's primary responsibilities are:
- Develop and encourage implementation of action plans for its focus area, including no-cost and low-cost options that can be implemented across multiple sectors;
- Work with Stewardship Council and key stakeholders in developing and refining indicators;
- Plan and help facilitate community and sector dialogues inspiring commitment and aligned actions;
- Make recommendations to decision-making bodies about policy or other changes to accelerate progress.