The Focus on Prevention Initiative is supported by multiple community partners, the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors, Stanislaus County Chief Executive Office, and led by a Stewardship Council comprised of community leaders from various sectors who act as stewards of the overarching initiative. In partnership with the Action Councils, the Stewardship Council members provide:
- Leadership in developing and approving county-wide indicators to document meaningful progress and change for the overall initiative.
- Cultivate commitments to embrace and support the initiative from institutions across the multiple sectors.
- Work strategically to identify and help secure funding from private, philanthropic, and other non-government sources.
Both the Homelessness and Strengthening Families focus areas has an Action Council comprised of issue experts, service providers and community stakeholders. The Action Council's primary responsibilities are:
- Develop and encourage implementation of action plans for its focus area, including no-cost and low-cost options that can be implemented across multiple sectors;
- Work with Stewardship Council and key stakeholders in developing and refining indicators;
- Plan and help facilitate community and sector dialogues inspiring commitment and aligned actions;
- Make recommendations to decision-making bodies about policy or other changes to accelerate progress.